i) Technical papers
The associated editor selects two referees who have expertise in the area associated with the submitted manuscript.
If the review results from the reviewers are in conflict, a third reviewer may be sought.
The final recommendation on the manuscript is made by the editorial board.
The associate editor reviews the manuscript and makes the decision.
iii) Selection of reviewers
With the recommendation from the editorial board members, the editor-in-chief selects two or three reviewers
who will then receive an official review invitation.When selected reviewers do not accept the review invitation,
additional reviewers are searched and recommended by the editorial board.
Reviewers determine the suitability and quality level of the submitted manuscripts based on the following academic and quality aspects.
i) Academic aspects
- a) Originality of contents
- b) Importance of contents
- c) Propriety of assumption and analysis
- d) Mathematical soundness
- e) Quality level of data
- f) Logicality of explanation
ii) Quality Level of manuscript
- a) Is the manuscript well-organized?
- b) Is the manuscript of appropriate length?
- c) Is the manuscript correct in grammar?
- d) Does the title accurately represent the contents?
- e) Does the summary concisely explain the contents?
- f) Does the key terminology represent important matters?
- g) Is the conclusion comprehensive?
- h) Does the reference clearly reflect previous achievements?
- i) Are the figures and tables clear and simple?
Review of manuscript
Reviewers assess submitted manuscripts, which follow the review standards specified in this regulation.
Final decision and quality level of the manuscript shall be made with the descriptions given as follows:
i) Judgment on appropriateness
- a) Accept in present form : This case applies when the contents, organization, and formation of the manuscript are readily acceptable for the publication without further revision.
- b) Accept with revision: This case applies when the manuscript is publishable with some revision.
- c) Re-review required upon revision: This case applies when a major revision is required.
- d) Decline: This case applies when the manuscript is not appropriate for the publication.
ii) Judgment on quality level
- a) Poor
- b) Below average
- c) Average
- d) Above average
- e) Excellent
Deadline of Review
Reviewers are asked to complete the review of the manuscript and send the review result within one month after the permission of the review request. If the editor-in-chief approves, the deadline may be extended.
Process of Review Results
Request for Revision: This case applies when reviewers request a revision of the manuscript and authors shall be asked to revise them.